When you hear the word ‘pods’, some of you probably think about a small gadget that you use to listen to your favorite songs. However, coffee pods are totally different from the pods in your mind. Shortly, coffee pods are like a container where you put coffee into it. There are several types of coffee pods, including paper pods, plastic pods, metal pods, and Nespresso reusable pods. If you are not familiar with this kind of thing yet, keep reading to find out more about coffee pods.
What is A Coffee Pod?
A coffee pod or also known as a coffee capsule is a tool whose function is to reduce time when you brew coffee and maintain the freshness of unused products so that they will not be exposed to air and light. It is also useful to maintain the coffee’s consistency and strong taste. As it is said before, paper is not always the material used to make coffee pods. There are also plastic pods and metal pods. Paper pods are disposable while plastic pods and metal pods are generally reusable.
Plastic coffee pods are the most affordable coffee pods. However, you should already know that it is not suggested to cook with plastic or aluminum. It is said that plastic material can affect the taste of your cooking. Metal coffee pods come in a sticker closure and screw closure. You should regularly buy the sticker when you use metal coffee pods with sticker closures. Each type of coffee pod has pros and cons. So, make sure you educate yourself first before deciding to buy one.
- Store and organize 60 Nespresso capsules (not included) in the kitchen cabinet
- Five drawers pull out and lower to display capsules for easy location and reach
The use of this coffee pod is to make an espresso and it has been used since 1934. Francesco Illy is the creator of this tool. He inserted nitrogen into a coffee pod to make the coffee fresh for a long time. A year later, Francesco Illy created the first modern espresso machine named Illeta. Check collection of nespresso pod holder
What is Nespresso?
Nespresso is the technology that brings the environmentally friendly concept. It makes espresso by using an optimum amount of coffee powder as well as water and electricity resources as little as possible. If you are a barista, you must be already aware that there are a few wasted ingredients when you make espresso. You also need more water to clean the ‘ritual’ residue of making espresso. Nespresso is a product of Nescafe that appeared for the very first time in Switzerland in 1986. The brand also launched reusable coffee pods named Nespresso reusable pods. You can use the capsule or pod in other espresso machines that are compatible with the technology.
How to Use Nespresso Reusable Coffee Pods
Below are the steps to use Nespresso reusable coffee pods.
- First, fill the capsule or the pod with ground coffee. The ideal coffee should be as fine as the one you use for making espresso. The ground coffee should not be too thin since it will cause a risk of clogging the capsule. Also, it should not be too big because water can easily pass. It will be better if you use a grinder or manual mill to grind your coffee. So that you can literally filter the coffee grind and you have freshly ground coffee. You also can check our information about instant coffee vs ground coffee.
But, if you do not have a grinder or manual mill, you will need to buy some different bags of ground coffee until you have ideal ground coffee.
- Once you have filled the capsule with coffee, pack it with a tamper or a cork. Do not doubt to supplement with coffee, if necessary. Then, close the capsule once you have packed the coffee. After that, the capsule is ready to use. You use it as a normal capsule.
- You can adjust your grinder or mill in order to get the desired extraction you want.
Where to Get Nespresso Reusable Coffee Pods
You can easily find Nespresso reusable coffee capsules on online retailers, such as Amazon or eBay. As it is said before, reusable coffee capsules come in 2 different materials, which are stainless steel and plastic. Stainless steel coffee pods are more recommended since they are more durable and stronger. Moreover, unlike plastic coffee pods, such a coffee pod does not contain bisphenol A in the compositions.
Plastic coffee pods are more fragile. They can also deform because of the pressure of water. It will not likely damage your coffee machine. But distorted coffee pods are difficult to extract. Some coffee pods come with a small tamper, which is a practical accessory. However, it is not essential since you can replace it with a cork. But, it is a nice accessory to have, especially for slightly brewing coffee. You can use Nespresso reusable coffee pods as long as your coffee machine is manufactured after 2010. You should have no problem with it.
Do Nespresso Reusable Pods Give the Same Coffee As the Original Nespresso?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. You will not have the same original coffee by using Nespresso reusable coffee pods. It is because the reusable pods hold 0.5 grams less coffee than the original Nespresso pods. So that the taste of the coffee is lighter since the pods contain less coffee.
Recommended Nespresso Machine for Nespresso Reusable Pods
- Nespresso Creatista Plus Coffee Machine
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MACHINE: The Nespresso Creatista Plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic...
- BARISTA GRADE: Brew different single serve coffee and espresso beverage options at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs...
Nespresso Creatista Plus Coffee Machine can make you a professional barista who can make artistic latte art. It has an interactive interface with high resolution so that you can easily make your favorite coffee. Moreover, this Nespresso machine features Brexville milk texturing technology.
The machine will give you a notification for cleaning and when you need to refill the water. It only needs 3 seconds for heating up so that you can make your coffee in no time. You can make 6 different kinds of coffee beverages with this coffee machine, which are espresso, cappuccino, flat white, latte macchiato, ristretto, and lungo.
- Nespresso Lattissima Pro Capsule Coffee Machine
Nespresso Lattissima Pro Capsule Coffee Machine can be a great solution for any of you who look for a practical coffee machine. It has some sophisticated features, such as automatic rinsing, automatic cleaning, and quick heating. This coffee machine comes in a sleek, elegant design. It is made from aluminum that can quickly conduct heat. You just need to press a button to make your favorite latte or cappuccino.
You can also make other types of coffee drinks with this coffee machine, such as espresso, lungo, and ristretto. The interface is intuitive and advanced, making it easy for you to use and operate the machine.
- Nespresso Citiz & Milk Capsule Coffee Machine
- DESIGN: CitiZ's new look continues to please both Nespresso coffee and espresso drinkers and design lovers, adding a touch of elegance...
- SMART POWER: Nespresso's unique 19 bar extraction system along with an automatic standby mode to reduce energy consumption.
The next recommended Nespresso coffee machine that is suitable for Nespresso reusable coffee pods is Nespresso Citiz & Milk Capsule Coffee Machine. This is another practical coffee machine. This coffee machine is a capsule coffee machine with 19 bar pumps, allowing you to make delicious coffee. It can reach the maximum temperature within only 25 seconds.
Nespresso Citiz & Milk Capsule Coffee Machine features an auto turn off for energy saving. It will automatically turn off when in no use within 9 minutes.
Make an espresso, latte, cappuccino, and lungo with easy steps by using this capsule coffee machine.
- Nespresso U Milk Capsule Coffee Machine
- One touch does it all: De'Longhi Patented one-touch fresh milk technology combined with the premium Nespresso capsule system allows you...
- Premium design: The Nespresso Gran lattissima features a modern, premium design using both matte and high-gloss finishes with stainless...
It is an automatic, practical capsule coffee machine. With a simple interface, there are 3 programmed buttons with different sizes of coffee cups. Nespresso U Milk Capsule Coffee Machine features no-drip technology in order to keep the machine clean. The water tank has a capacity of 0,8 liter that can heat up within 25 seconds.
With a 19 bar pressure pump, Nespresso U Milk Capsule Coffee Machine can make a cup of authentic, delicious coffee. You just need to put your favorite coffee capsule and enjoy it.
- Nespresso Pixie Capsule Coffee Machine
This capsule coffee machine is designed to make your life at ease. Nespresso Pixie Capsule Coffee Machine has a lightweight, simple design. So, it will not take much space in your kitchen or dining area. It works practically and automatically, making it ideal for you who are always in a rush in the morning.
You can adjust the clip on the side panel according to your preference. The interface is user-friendly with one-touch technology to make espresso or lungo. The 19 bar pup works automatically within 25 seconds.
That is all you need to know about Nespresso reusable coffee pods. Do you want to try them?