There are so many different Keurig machines out there these days that the cleaning instructions can differ slightly from unit to unit. In this video I show you the exact way I have been cleaning my K-Mini Plus both inside and out for the past 9-10 months.
These are a few obvious points made in this video but there’s also a couple ninja tips to keep the inside clear of bacteria and mineral buildup.
You can also price out Keurig’s cleaning products through the following Amazon affiliate links:
► Keurig Cleansing Pods (For The Upper Needle)
- BETTER TASTING BEVERAGES: reduces flavor carry-over between brews
- QUICKEST WAY TO CLEAN YOUR K-Cup pod holder: rinse away residue and oils that can build up in your coffee maker
► Keurig Descaling Solution (Instead of Vinegar)
- INCLUDES TWO (2) 14oz BOTTLES OF CLEANER -- 28oz TOTAL!
- CLEANSE YOUR COFFEE MAKER: use every 3 months to clean and remove mineral deposits that can built up inside your coffee maker
Or you can just grab a huge vat of extra strength white vinegar, it’s a lot cheaper. Here’s an Amazon affiliate link for pricing:
- Countless Home & Garden Uses - Concentrated vinegar is widely used to replace many harmful and expensive commercial cleaning products.
- 30% Industrial Strength - Lower pH of soil & water, clean patios & driveways, eliminate odors from laundry, and much more.
source : channel TopOffMyCoffeePlease
Preparation to Clean a Keurig Mini
- 8 ounce white vinegar
- 10oz ceramic cup
- Hot Water
Prepare at least 8 Ounces of undiluted white vinegar, you can put on hand or another small place that you have right now. And also prepare 10 oz ceramic cup ( do not use paper cup) and access to a sink.
Fill Hot Water tank with 8 ounces white vinegar that you already prepare before up to fill level mark, then place ceramic cup on the drip tray.
You can close the lid then perform the brew into the ceramic cup, but don’t adding a K-Cup
Pour the contents of the ceramic cup into the hot water tank, please be careful with the liquid because will be hot, then close the lid. Then start a brew but power off the brewer just after it starts to dispense and then allow it to sit for at more or least 30 minutes.
After the prescribed period of time, you can perform a brew without adding a K-Cup®. Then Empty the contents of the ceramic cup into the sink. Again, Be careful as contents may be still hot.
Then fill the hot water tank with 8 ounces of bottled water, close the water fill lid, place a cup on the drip tray and perform a brew.
You can repeat Step 6 three times using bottled water (with no K-Cup in place) this to cleanse the brewer plumbing and get rid of any residual taste from the vinegar.
Source : http://www.coffeewiz.com/UserFiles/file/descale_mini.pdf