What is camping coffee? Well, it is clear enough actually. The term refers to some types of coffee to enjoy when you are camping. Sure, you must know it well. When camping, it is impossible to bring things like a coffee machine. In other words, you must make it by yourself using all the tools you have there. This is possible for sure to bring a sachet of coffee and brew it with hot water you have kept in the bottle. But of course, the taste and sensation are just different from making original coffee with your own hands.
For you the coffee lovers who want to enjoy a cup of camping coffee. There are some tips and recipes you should follow. This way, your camping activities can just be more interesting and unforgettable. Here they are.
1. French Press
You can say that it is one of the simplest methods you brew original coffee with your own hands with limited tools. If you have coffee from the beans, you can use a blender for spices and grind it. Those tools are small enough to bring to the camping ground. Blades of grinding will heat up easily and improve the aroma of the coffee.
So, how to make it? First of all, take the coffee ground into the cup and pour the water into a bowl. Let it boil for around a minute. Next, pour hot water into a cup, stir it briefly, and let be only for around 3 minutes or 4. You can take a look that the coffee ground will drop down. Slowly, pour the water into another glass you have prepared before. You can add sugar if necessary. Now, the french press coffee made simply with limited tools is ready to enjoy.
2. The Idea of Boiled Coffee
The boiled coffee is a good idea for camping or adventuring. The idea is usually used in the forest or other open air areas that are far from the residence. You can use it not only to prevent tiresomeness and being sleepy but also to strengthen your body. Particularly, it is if your trip is still far for some hours later. Of course, it is also a good idea also to try at home with tools you have in the kitchen.
First of all, you must prepare some ingredients. They can be found in stores around you. The main ingredients are ground coffee, the Robust type is recommended although you can also use others. In addition, it is better to use coffee that is finely powdered, not harsh. Besides, you must also prepare palm sugar or sugar cubes, and a high pot as the media to brew the coffee.
The steps to make it are as follows. Fill the pot with water a little bit more than when you brewed coffee as usual. You can add about ¾ of water as the water using the method will evaporate ¾ more than usual also. Besides, this method also leaves coffee ground under the pot so that you will not consume it. Next, put the coffee and palm sugar into the pot of water and stir them thoroughly.
Place the pot and heat it using a heater or a camping stove. Wait it for some minutes until the mix of coffee starts to boil and bubble. The coffee water foams and the cream goes up to the top. Now. You can turn off the heater and take the coffee water. Pour it into a glass or a cup and it is ready to enjoy. You should not be too surprised if using the method, the taste and aroma of the coffee tend to be stronger.
3. The Cloth-Filtered Coffee
This method is quite unique as you need a piece of cloth, it can be a handkerchief or something, to filter your coffee. Sure, every camping cover must have at least one. More importantly, make sure that the cloth or handkerchief is clean enough. Since this idea is mostly done in an emergency situation, you can also use a coffee filter in case you have it at home. Bring it to the camping ground anyway.
Meanwhile, other ingredients and tools to prepare are as follows. They are coffee beans or coffee grounds, a glass or a tall coffee cup, 280 ml of hot water with temperature around 90-95 degrees Celsius, 18g Arabica Organic Coffee, a handkerchief or a filter paper, rubbers or some clothespins. The coarseness of the coffee ground should not be too fine. Even if it is coarser, it will be better. Meanwhile, if you prefer processing the coffee since it is in the form of beans, make sure to bring your own mini blender.
4. Coffee Bag
The term of teabag must be familiar enough. But how about the coffee bag? Yes, although some producers produce this type of coffee, they rarely. Therefore, if such a coffee type cannot be found around, you should make it yourself. It is by placing coffee grounds to tea bags usually used for tea bags. The coffee bag is easy to bring anywhere and you can enjoy tasty and aromatic coffee without pulp anywhere.
This idea is very practical for camping. You can just bring some coffee bags with a bottle of hot water. For better results, you should follow the instructions below. First of all, tear the top of the bag off and open the coffee bags. Next, hang it to the cup and pour hot water. The coffee is ready to enjoy.
- Quantity and Size: 72 pcs 5.9×8.6in (15×22cm) kraft stand up paper pouch bag with a window height of 1.57in, a bottom diameter of...
- Product Design: With a single-sided matte transparent window to ensure the clarity of the internal packaging products; Zipper closure...
- Contains 1 Box of 19 Folgers Classic Roast Single Serve Coffee Bags (19 Bags Total)
- Delicious, 100% pure Folgers medium roast coffee
- Food Grade Brown Kraft Paper Bags. Plastic Inner lining eliminates leakout or elimiates any thing stuck out
- 1 LB Size Bags - with out Window - 4 1/4 Inches Inches (Width) X 9 3/4 Inches (Height) X 2 1/2 Inches (Gussett Width)
Tools to Have for Camping Coffee
If both camping and coffee are things you like the most, it is bad to buy some tools to unify them. Some coffee making tools are indeed designed to be compact and practical to travel around. They can also produce coffee with great tastes just like the real coffee makers. So, what are they?
1. Handpresso and Minipresso
Handpresso and minipresso are basically the same tool. Or at least, both work in a similar way. They are used to make espresso. Besides, they are portable, making them easy to carry everywhere. However, how to operate them is a little different. Handpresso requires more power because you have to pump the bar to 16. Meanwhile, Minipresso needs a little more “persistence” as you must press the piston so many times. But the results of both coffee makers are great particularly for producing a great taste of espresso.
- Color: Black
- Main-part size: 7.0 cm of width 10.0x length 22.0x thickness
- No battery/electricity need/Manual operation only! Nanopresso is one of the best and most versatile espresso machines. Built around a...
- Achieving the perfect espresso shot is far from easy. The Nanopresso works best with finely ground coffee that is tamped hard. Thanks...
- our generate a 16-bar pressure as with a bicycle pump, add hot water (from a kettle or a thermo flask), espresso coffee (ground coffee...
- Light and durable, the Handpresso Wild Hybrid can be stored easily in a drawer, backpack or with camping gear.
A cafflano is a portable coffee brewer that provides everything you need in a set. So, in a set of cafflano there is a grinder, a coffee filter, a kettle, and even a tumbler to accommodate you in making and drinking coffee, everything is provided here. The shape is neat and compact. No wonder this tool is also one of the favorite and must-have items for coffee lovers who also like to travel
3. Pour Over Dripper
You can bring a pour over dripper every time you are camping or traveling. But to make sure the product is durable and not easily broken, choose a dripper made of plastic. Sure, a plastic dripper is lightweight and travel-friendly also. To accompany this dripper, you can choose a metal filter so that it is getting more efficient to make a cup of delicious coffee in open air. The metal filter chosen must also be in a compact design also.
- 【TOP QUALITY】Our fine mesh stainless steel coffee filter is made of the highest quality stainless steel without using paper...
- 【SIMPLE TO USE】Simply heat the pour over coffee filter with hot water and rinse out, add coffee grounds, slowly pour in the hot...
- Classic Ceramic Dripper: Specially designed to produce an evenly brewed cup of coffee. Durable Japanese ceramic retains heat to help...
- Pour Over Excellence: Specialty cone shape and unique spiral ridges allow for deeper layering of the coffee grounds, producing a deep,...
- Great for Single Coffee Maker --- The nice and thick ceramic Segarty coffee filter cup is about 300ml/10oz, nice for one mug. The mouth...
- Sturdy Attractive Ceramic Coffee Filter Cup --- With a well-balanced design, the Segarty Coffee Filter Cup #2 model is more tapered at...
Aeropress is also a very possible option to take on adventures. The shape is slim and slender so it doesn’t take up much space in your bag. Interestingly, there is a tote bag that is specifically used to bring Aeropress. It just needs to be attached to the side of the backpack, making it easier to carry. Brewing with Aeropress is also very simple with excellent results. It can also provide a fuller body. With Aero press, you can make typical coffee to enjoy while camping.
Enjoying a cup of coffee while camping is indeed a real enjoyment. However, it is not easy to make a cup of original coffee when you are in an outdoor area. Not all tools can accommodate this need while most coffee makers require electric sockets. Interestingly, you can enjoy some methods to make camping coffee. Moreover, some tools are also available for these necessities. Make sure to have at least one of them if you are really a camping lover.